Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Of eggs and hens

Anyone who has every had chickens knows that they will strip your garden down to dirt. I, sadly, did not - that is not until after not only was the oxalis banished from my yard, but so were the broccoli, the tender baby lettuces and all the carrot tops.

In my best effort to prevent the total destruction of mine and Courtney's (my MyFarm farmer) hard work, I wrapped my chicken coop in chicken wire thus making a run-within-a-run.

So far so good, but Cleo is devious and loves any challenge I throw at her. The above picture is of her enjoying few moments of freedom today.

As a side note, I think it's interesting that every hen has her own unique egg color. My dark eggs come from Lucky Clucky, my medium
eggs come from Figaro and Cleolays the
lightest eggs.

Anyway, here are some more pictures from today's work. Looks like Courtney dug a big hole (I think the asparagus plant is going here) and drapped a sheet on the sprouts to keep my crazy neighbor's pigeon flock out.

No comments:

Post a Comment