Sunday, June 21, 2009

And what have I accomplished?

First, I'm going to start off with the pictures:





And I had nothing to do with any of this. Nothing. I've completely neglected my garden and was rewarded with this.













For the past 3 months, I've let my kids dig huge holes (yesterday's loot: an old toy car, an old broken lightbulb, pieces of old ceramic tile, and other old things from the 5 generations of our family that have lived here), weeded sporadically, and generally done not much of anything else.

So today, I sawed down the sun-stealing "weed" tree to make the blueberries happier. I pulled some weeds. I got dirt under my nails. And I feel so much better, like a real participant in this whole farm thing I have going on.

A few more pictures. The tomato houses:




Courtney rigged up a makeshift coldframe for her tomatoes, so I copied it and put one around mine (in the forefront). Here's a shot of the outside and a shot of what's going on inside.













The center walkway with freesia, rosemary, sage, dahlias, strawberries, thyme, gladiolus, and random flowers.

The girls: Lucky Clucky, Figaro and Clio

No comments:

Post a Comment